From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 06:24:59 -0600
Hi Ya FML ;o)

Firstly, Ferris says dook dook to all, and sends his sympathy out to all
who are battling illnesses, and especially to those who've LOST a fert,
NO MATTER HOW that awful loss came about!! God Bless ya and help ya now
to heal from yer loss, and treasure yer memories, dookdook'n dook.

And now then, from mom, I'm appauled with this . . .

>Now, I am not making any excuses for those #$%#) individuals,

There aren't any excuses anyone could make anyhow!

>but the one problem I do have with that lady and with others who own
>Ferrets is this. She let them run free in her house when she came home
>they managed to get past her.  This is her carelessness that allowed her
>precious defensless animals to get into the hands of those preditors.

WHOOOAAA!!  Carelessness????  Excuse me BUT, I know fertfolk who've had
instance that even though they DO cage their ferts, have had them also
"escape" none the less, simply by having someone come to the door during
the time they are out!  OR are you IMPLYING here that ferts should be in
cages 24hrs a day??  Accidents DO happen, and all the care in the world
won't ever change that sad truth.  We here, feel great sympathy when we
hear of an "accident" having befallen another, this case is certainly no
different!

>Too many times I get phone calls from people who claim to love their
>Ferrets, but refuse to cage them while they are gone.

Again WHOOAAAA!!  Being one of those fertfolks who do "CLAIM TO" love my
ferrets, I really take exception with this all encompassing condemnation of
any fertfolks who DON'T use cages!!  We've been LOVING fertfolks for well
over two decades now, AND NEVER have we EVER caged a ferret!!  AND NEVER
have we EVER, been unfortunate in "accidently" losing one!!!  (BUT we have
"lost" one because it was "stolen" right out of our house during a
"breakin" of the place) AND even with our own "perfect" record, we are NOT
at all able to condemn the poor folks who suffered such an awful occurrence
as to accidently lose a furbabe.

>All they are going to do is sleep anyway.

What the heck choice do they have, NOT much else they could do eh!  We'd
like to assure ya though that ferts that ARE allowed the "free roam" of
their "own room" for those of us "lucky" enough to be able to do that,
Ferrets in fact can keep very "busy" for several more hours in a day!

>I am sure I'll hear from some of you who disagree,

I DON'T disagree, that fertfolk should be watchful of their fuzzles, but
we definetly disagree with your judgements and condemnations within this
post of this poor unfortunate soul's suffering this terrible event!

AND we DISAGREE that anyone could ever be "blamed" for some other folks
phsycotic behavior, at any time, in any regard!

>You only have yourself to blame.

AND we find it quite "imhumane" to heap such awful garbage onto someone
who much rather deserves our human compassion, and respect of their own
deep grieve in having endured such an incredibly horrific situation!  We
are more concerned with the "REAL" culprits here being punished!!

Ferris"sniffle dook, I is jus sads fer ta fuzz dat suffered mom sniff!"

and his mom
Deba Brezden