Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 00:31:24 -0700
er...Bowl tipping.....

>I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get our little guy to stop
>dumping his litter box.  Every Night when he is ready to get out or when he
>figures we aren't paying attention he makes a mess, he also sends his food
>bowl flying down the ramp.  Is there anyway to make him stop?

You have to outsmart the little FLO members.

With mine, I simply bolted the litter pan to the cage.  End of ferret
reorganization of the basement floor!

Snorkle, my youngest male, would pick his food bowl up, and then, while
lying on his back, would play catch with the dish!  I can assure you that at
3 am, this is NOT a welcome behavioral modification.  Also, at 45 smackers a
bag for TF and 30 a bag for Mazuri, the food being distributed in a 10 foot
diameter circle and not eaten, was not appreciated either!  So..I saw an ad
on the internet Ferret Store (www2.epix.net/~neeps) that had a dish that
attached to the side of the cage via a large (1 inch) plastic knob, for
$14.95 I think it was.  I was going to order it until I saw something
identical at PetSmart in the ferret department.  Price was the same, just
had to pay state tax, which was a might cheaper than shipping.  The bowl is
not on the floor, it attaches to the wires on the cage and it IS tip proof.
I set mine high enough so that Snork isn't that interested in digging in it
either.  Oh yes..I also go rid of the carpet on the bottom floor and put in
some nice vinyl flooring...cleans right up, doesn't retain an odor of a
previous 'miss' (Yeah riightt!) that encourages the critters to 'miss'
again.  The rest of the floors are still carpet covered for traction and
safety.

Hope that helps!

MC (The Rude One)