From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:48:27 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Well, Ping is He had one doozy of a Thanksgiving. When nobody was
paying much attention, my *other* favourite three year old nephew, RJ,
was hanging around the ferret cage. I remember telling him "Don't stick
your fingers in there, Puma bites!" (She does. Just ask Renee Downs.)
Anyway, RJ pulled his hand away quickly. *He* believed me when I said
Puma bites. (Unlike some people.)

Hmmm. Never trust a three year old.

Anyway, I didn't think about it again for a few hours. Then I passed
very close to the cage, and saw....something. Something that certainly
didn't belong, over where RJ had been poking at the cage. It was a
well-chewed, essentially devoured turkey drumstick bone. The little
curled end was sticking out from beneath Ping, who was sleeping on top
of the rest of the bone. I have no idea how much he actually ate, but
he certainly looked as drowsy and bloated as the rest of us.

Alexandra in MA

(Ping is He: "Psssst! Kid! Next time, cranberry, too!")