From:
Anthea Gotto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 12:50:35 -0500
[Bill -- I'm not sure if this is suitable for the FML, but I'll leave that
to your judgement. Thanks.]
[Moderator's note: It's fine - networking in this fashion with other ferret
folks is one reason for this list.  BIG]

I have to go to the UK from 1-17 December and my house mate will also be
away.  For short trips, a lady from a pet-sitting service looks after my 2
ferrets, but, at $18 per day and the fact that the lady knows next to
nothing about ferrets, this is out of the question for this long, imminent
trip.  I appreciate the potential problems of introducing newcomers, but I
was wondering if an FMLer in the Washington DC metropolitan area (or even
Baltimore, no problem) would be prepared to take in my 2 for the duration
of my trip, and a small consideration, of course.  Both are "fixed" and
have always been in good health with all shots and routine vet visits
up-to-date.  Frederick the Great (sable, that used to be a bit pudgy) is
approaching 5 years old and Dinky (AKA Monsterlet, and an albino) is almost
3.5 years.  No unusual habits (for ferrets anyway) -- Fred is into
pantyhose and black (only) underwear; Dink goes for anything that is in a
purse (she loves that AMEX card!).  If anyone would be interested, please
email me directly at [log in to unmask] and we can arrange a pre-trip meeting.

Hoping someone can help.

Anthea Gotto