From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:33:19 -0400
It was a lovely day at the Bridge. SaraFerret was enjoying herself with
a visit with a friend which was unusual for her. She so seldom had
friends drop by. Most times she found herself running by her friends'
cottages for a visit. So this was really a nice time. But...she forgot
she had left the cottage door open and in flew Dexter, the little boy
courier, with a note in his paw. He said,

"My, My, SawaFewwet, the Boss is gonna be upset with you visiting like
this when you is supposed to be busy. A fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge
and there is a wequest that you gweet him. Is there anyone you want me
to get?"

He handed me the note and I read it and I told him that it wouldn't be
necessary with this group; that they had some kind of telepathy that
told them. Then I told my friend I would see her later and I sent
Dexter on back to the courier place and I flew to the entrance. Would
I be on time. (Of course not, who was I kidding. Lately I was getting
slower). But the little fuzzy was waiting for me with the all-important
flag tied to his tail. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am the bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends."

He looked at me and said, "Oh I know who you are. My name is Nudge, but
you can just call me Nuggy. I am a bit late because my dragon was busy
sewing my flag together; does it look ok? I think he made a bit of a
mess with the stars though. You know how dragons can be. Do you know
my Mum or my Dad? They said they knew all about you. I wonder how they
knew you, if you are here and they are not. But oh well. How will I
let them know I got here ok? And where are my friends at?"

I replied, "Your dragon did the flag? Oh that explains the problem with
the stars. The Union Jack is ok, but the Southern Cross is missing a
few stars, but never mind, we'll straighten it out later. We all know
how dragons are; they are ever so busy. Now as to your Mum and Dad; I
don't know them personally, but I have heard lots about the whole group
in NZ. You would just be amazed as to how many people have heard about
me on earth. You will see your friends later as well as let your family
know you got here safely. And I have another surprise for you. You are
gonna get a pair of wings just like mine--well not exactly like
mine--yours will be guy wings-special for you."

So off we went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings
were stored. We opened the door and on the counter was a big box--of
course. He opened the box and took out the wings. Of course we untied
the flag from his tail first. I got the honor of holding it for a
while. His wings were black with pink streaks. I helped him put on his
wings and adjusted his halo. (No mean trick while holding his flag).
Then he ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection and a
handsome young fuzzy stared back at him. Then he turned to me and said,
"Gee I wish Mum and Dad could see me now." Then I gots an idea. I
handed his flag back to him and we went out the door.

Where we were met by a large group of NZ fuzzies who had come to meet
him, Jimmy and Bear, Sammy and Darth. Oh Nudge was so relieved that
there was really others of his own kind there. But I told them all that
we must continue on down garden path to the Misting Pond. We sat down
beside the cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of
Mum Eileen and Dad Manny appear. Nudge got so excited he started waving
and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you all. Thank you for loving me. The dragon got me here ok
and you were right, she did greet me and I do have friends here. I do
have wings and soon I will fly. Oh yes, my wings are very handsome. I
brought the flag with me too, sorta something from home, although the
dragon messed it up a bit, but its ok, as it is from home."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to the southern hemisphere and by the
time you should read dis it should have there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

The group stood around for a bit and we all looked at the flag. I knew
what to do, so with a little "SaraFerret Razzle-Dazzle" behold the
flag was just perfect. The Southern Cross was perfect. Everyone yelled
"Hurrah!" So we went across the road to the New Zealand Mound and we
saw a number of cottages--maybe even a village, and a business of
fuzzies came running out dooking, "Welcome to the Bridge, Nudge." There
was a big bonfire going and some strange music playing. Lotsa exotic
food and some food I recognized was laid out. I was invited to stay and
dance. I knew I had been visiting a friend and had left her there at my
cottage. But Chocolate offered to fetch her and bring her to the party.
As for my kits they could visit with their kits--well that took care of
that. I knew I really needed a good party.

And I knew most of all I dearly loved these crazy NZ Fuzzies and their
wardancing and dragons.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter