From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:30:34 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was sitting in the midst
of palm leaves which others had gathered so they could could weave a
new roof for her cottage. She knew that it needed it after that shabby
patch job she had done. So rather than wait for the others to come, she
decided to start the weaving herself. Now how did that go. She got one
of the leaves firmly in place but before she could get the other one in
place, she heard the flutter of wings, and saw Mimi, the little girl
courier, with a note in her paw. She said,

"Hi SaraFerret, How's it going on your new roof. We will be over later
to help you. No use in trying to do it yourself. Its too hard that way.
But anyway, I have a message that a ferret is crossing the Bridge, so
you best get over there. Is there anyone you want me to get?"

She gave me the note and I read it and I sent her to get the requested
ones. Then I flew off to the entrance hoping against hope that I wasn't
too late. Of course I was. There was a beautiful little sable with a
heavy backpack waiting there looking around. So I quickly introduced
myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. This is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

She said, "I was just about ready to go off and look for someone when
you came here. I thought I had been dumped here and no one was coming
for me. My name is Siduri and I belong to Mommy Lisa. Do you know her?
I ran and played a lot with my friends on earth and used have toys to
play with. Do you have toys here? I tried to bring one with me, but it
wouldn't fit in my backpack. But I did get one of Mommy's socks in my
pack--I guess you noticed how heavy it was. Do I have to give it up? Or
can I keep it? I had a lot of those fits when I was on earth, but Mommy
called them something else. I got sick, but you know us ferrets, we
just keep on going until we just don't go anymore. But I feel lots
better now. Since I feel better, can I just go back the way I came?"

I replied, "Siduri, I apologize for your wait. You weren't dumped off.
You finished your earthly journey and now you are ready for this new
adventure and you can't go back to your home. I know you miss your
Mommy. We all do. I don't know your Mommy, but there are others of your
group who do and you will see them later. We have toys here, but they
are different than those on earth. But others have brought some of
their earth toys and maybe they will share. As to your sock, you don't
have to give it up, although others in your group may want to see it
and hold it and smell your Mommy's scent. It has been a long time for
them. We know about the fits; many of us have had them, but thankfully
those times are over. And isn't it wonderful that you feel so much
better now?"

And then I told her about the wonderful surprise I had for her. She was
gonna get wings. She said, "Wings? Whatever for?" I replied, "These
wings are so great for flying about the heavens--sure beats hoppin from
cloud to cloud. Not to mention how absolutely beautiful you will look
in them." That seemed to cheer her up.

So off we went down the garden path to the Wing House where the wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box--of
course. Siduri opened de box and took out her wings--lavender with pink
streaks. I helped her put on her wings and adjusted her halo. Then she
ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. A beautiful
sable fuzzy stared back at her. Then she turned to me and said, "Gee I
wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea. We opened de door and
left there.

We went down the garden path to the Misting Pond. We sat down beside de
cool clear water and with one swish Siduri saw a vision of Mommy Lisa
with Feya, Snowball, Mony, and Nonnie appear. She got so excited she
started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. I feel so much better now.
I know I didn't stay long, but while I did I know I made you happy. I
has wings now and they are so beautiful and soon I will be able to fly.
Oh yes, I hope you won't be too upset, but I took one of your socks. I
know it is lousy for you to manage with only one sock, but maybe you
can buy another sock to take its place. I am gonna meet my friends
soon, so don't worry about me, I am doing fine. I just wanted you to
know that I am safe and happy."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

We went down the road where we were met by a group of fuzzies waving a
large sign which read "Welcome Siduri" She whispered to me, "How did
they know I was coming?" I just told her that we had our ways. Then we
went to the cottage where food was laid out and music was playing. But
first they all hugged her and visited back and forth. She came over to
me and said, "I don't even know some of them." I replied, "Oh you will
get to know them, they are just friends of your friends." Then one of
friends invited her to dance. I was invited to stay and eat the snacks
and dance. But I knew that I had to get back to my cottage and started
weaving with friends. So I gave Siduri a hug and waved goodbye to all.
Then I headed for home.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter