From:
"<Lori> <Malizia>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:56:32 EST
A few more reminders before Monday:

1) THE PUBLIC HEARING IS *THIS* MONDAY!

The Public Hearing for "Intro 627: The Ferret Regulation Bill" (which is a
bill to LEGALIZE ferrets in NYC) is THIS Monday, December 18th, at 10am on
the second floor of City Hall, in the City Council Chambers.  Please speak
at the hearing or just attend to show your support if it is at all
possible.

2) BRING *AT LEAST* 10 COPIES OF ANYTHING YOU ARE SUBMITTING .

Here's the thing... the City Council now says people should bring 30 copies
of whatever they'd like to submit.  -No, that's not a typo.  Thirty!

There are 9 members on the City Council Health Committee.  I can understand
the City Council wanting a few extra copies for filing purposes.  I
*personally* don't understand why they need *30* copies, but then again
I'm not on the City Council!  Some people have decided to "split the
difference" and bring 20 copies.  Given the information above, I will leave
it up to you to decide how many copies of your materials you'd like to
prepare.  But by all means, DO bring *at least* 10 copies.  As for whether
or not to bring 20 copies or 30 copies, I'll leave that to your discretion!

3) DRESS PROFESSIONALLY

Please remember to dress neatly and professionally if you attend the
hearing whether or not you plan speak.  It's important that ferret
supporters attending the hearing make a good impression.  Think "job
interview" clothes, if that helps! :)

By the way, you might want to pick those clothes out now.  There's nothing
worse than the panic of trying to throw something together at the last
minute!  -Go look now :)

4) PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

If you plan to speak at the hearing, practice what you're going to say.
The more you practice, the less nervous you're likely to be.  Remember you
have a maximum of 3 minutes to speak, but try to speak slowly and clearly.
Also remember that you may *submit* more than 3 minutes worth of materials
even if you don't cover all of it in your spoken statement, and that you
do not have to speak for the full 3 minutes.  It's your choice.

5) LEAVE THE FERRETS AT HOME!

We've said this before, but we'll say it again.  For the safety of your
ferrets *please* leave them at home.  Police have shown up at events
similar to this ready to confiscate any ferrets that might be attending.
Luckily, in the past, the ferrets have been whisked away before they were
seen by the police.

If anybody has any questions about Monday's Hearing, feel free to email us
over the weekend.  We'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

-NYC Ferrets
http://members.aol.com/NYCFerrets