Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:21:38 -0500
March News 2004

OOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEE; spring has almost sprung!  Know how I know??  Mum
says sooo.  Well and we are all blowing our winter coats too.  Hee, hee,
heee.  Only it is snowing up a storm out there today.  Lots and lots of
snow here in Naples, New York.

Mum has been so busy with sick kids this month and to top that all off
she is getten lots and lots of e-mail letters and phone calls, asking
about their sick kids that don't live here.  So something is going around
and getting us fur kids sick.  Mum hads to take Brave Heart in to see our
favorite Doc again, He had a funny looking pee pee.  Doc says mum needs
to express ( what is that?) him even if he is peeing on his own, because
he don'ts know he still has water in his bladder so he leaks all over
himself.  YUCK see I tolds you guys he was a stinky ferret, now you know
why he is stinky.

Mum gots a big, big bag of food for us kids, it camed in the mail the
other day.  Mum did not know where it camed from.  Hehe, so mum contacted
a friend she has at the place that the food comes from, she has soo many
connections.  The lady at Performance foods told mum it was our Aunt Ret
who sents us that food..  Aunt Ret thought she was pulling one over on
our mum, HA!  Didn't work our mu is too smart for that!  Thanks Aunt Ret
you is my Hero, I love to eat, so does the rest of the crew!  You take
such good care of us and mum.  Aunt Ret also sents us back up meds, floor
pads for under our tents cuz you guys gots us that "feets for ferrets"
floor and it is COLD!!!!  A rice floor pad that mum can warm up in the
microwave oven, just right to fit under our tent so when one of us comes
home from surgery mum can keep us warm.

Speaking of warm, I is sending you a picture of Day crew (mum's personal
ferrets)  This is what happens when mum is cold.  Will somebody please
tell mum to stop turning up the heat!  Mum is pose to keep it at 62
degrees for us, so we is comfortable, but when she gets cold she turns it
up to 64 that makes us HOT!  (Picture link below) See that!  Sampson is
so hot he is lying on top of his sleep box; Teeny Weenie (way in the back
just peeking out from under the hammock) is looking at mum take the
picture.

Aunt Jill went to Brockport for mum to get us some pet tinic so mum
could make us more soup.  We sure do love our soup.  She also brought
mum a roll of raffle tickets so we have enough for our big raffle that
is coming up, (Soon as mum figures out what she is gonna do for the
BIG raffle) Aunt Jill is also making copies of the clinic letter, and
registration form so mum can get it in the mail to you guys.  Don't
forget to save June 5th for a great ferret fun day and to meet our
favorite Doc and all the staff that come with him.if you want a
registration form E-mail my mum she will snail mail it to you.

Oh, Oh, you gotta go take a look at mums web page, she has a message from
Sara tellen all about Sully and Smokey, they is so happy at their new
4-ever home.  Mum posted the message on their page.  Mum sure does love
to hear from the kids that move into 4-ever homes.  We gots new kids that
came in, there are 3 of them Bandit (how original) hi is # 4 Bandit that
lives here now.  Junior but she is a girl, dumb name for a girl I think!
And Avita now that is one cute little chick, she is almost but not quite
as cute as my girl friend Breezie.  They is real crazy kids, they get
into all kind of trouble.  Our friends Andy and Amber gots us some food
too, we has been eaten mum out of house and home, so it is good that we
has food coming in.

Oh you wanna hear something really funny, remember last month I told you
mum got a cell phone donated to her, well Dana the lady that sent it to
mum decided she would "top it off" for mum so mum has more paid minutes
on her cell.  So anyway I is snoozen under the couch while mum is written
up thank you notes and this funny noise starts to come to my ears... mum
she is just sitten there on the floor payen no tention to it.  I gets a
bit closer to the noise and see it is mums cell phone making it, I tried
to eat it fist but mum took it away from me.  So I nudge mum to pay
attention, do you know my mum is sooooo silly she did not know what to do
about the noise and how to make the cell phone work.  My mum is so silly!
So Miss Dana I had to tell mum how to use the cell phone.

We have a new shelter helper that comes to play with us.  Her name is
Sue, she was here last Sunday to play with us, Miss Sue you is so much
fun!  Jessica, her mom Cindy, and Jessica's brother came to help mum too,
the week before.  I don't remember the brothers name, but they helped mum
a lot that day, mum had so many things she needed a second set of hands
for, that is what they did, they helped mum get that stuff done.  4 hands
stuff!  They even helped get pictures of some of the kids that needed to
be added to the web page.  OH YEAH they also brought mum them pretzels
that mum will not share with us!  Mum says they is special pretzels so
she don't have to share!  That is not fair, not to share!  The new, new
kids are not on the web yet, because mum can not get them all to stay
still long enough to get the picture of all 3 of them together.  I told
mum to super glue their feet down but mum said that was not a nice
thing to do.  Morgan (Ziggy's far away mom) came to help, Bandit from
Bloomfield, has another sponsor, mum made some changes on the sponsor
page too.

Last week mum got a box in the mail almost every single day, each day was
another box, they all came from Mariacristina, she sent us lots and lots
of really cool things, a cage even, so last Sunday Mr. Dale came in with
his handy dandy special tools and rings to put the cage together for mum.
It is one really cool cage.  Mr. Dale left mum some rings just incase she
needs more for something else.

Then Mr. Dale and Miss Linda ( Mr. Dales Mrs.) they wanted mum to put an
advertiser in their horse book so mum put the ad together but Mr. Dale
and Miss Linda paid for the ad for mum, that was very nice of them to do
that.  Only my face was not in the ad!  Sam the ham's is!  Miss Margaret
from Staten Island she sent mum a freestyle glucose meter for us!  Thanks
Miss Margaret!  Miss Lynne sent mum lectric money for us.

Last thing I want you to know is that there is this really cool raffle
going on for S. O. S. that is Support Our Shelters.  they are really
nice to shelters, the help them pay vet bills and buy food.  So if you
want to see the really cool stuff they has on the raffle page go here.
http://SOS-raffle.supportourshelters.org/

Well I think I told you every thing that was going on here at the
shelter.  Hope to see you in June PLEASE come see me.

Kibble and wet nose kisses
Mater Largo Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue Shelter

http://www.ferretfarm.org

Picture link
http://www.kwflatbed.com/brenda/newsletterpic.jpg