From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 22:10:41 -0500
Hi everyone.  It is with a sad heart that I inform you of another shelter
closure.  The Huronia Ferret Services located in Barie Ontario will close
effective next week.  Just three weeks ago, the Ontario Domestic Ferret
Services closed as well, leaving only our shelter in Toronto and The Ottawa
Ferret Association (about 5 hours away) open.

When shelters close, it is the hardest thing to deal with.  I feel so sad
for both operators of the former shelters.  Most of it was lack of funding.
If everyone who had ferrets donated a dollar for each of the ferrets they
had to a local shelter, this could maybe have been prevented.

Take a look around your community and please support your shelters.  If you
don't no one else will and the fate of our Ontario shelters may be in your
back yard too.

Randy