Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 09:22:21 -0400
>What's with this increase in ferret relocation.  If you don't have time
>for a fuzzball, don't get one.  If life is getting more stressful, that's
>an excellent reason to keep your ferrets.  Watching them play and dook and
>wrestle is a great way to unwind.  I really like playing with them.

I think that MOST people do think about what is involved in ferret
parenting!  Unfortunately the reality is that there is MORE involved than
most people realize, especially if the only place they've seen ferrets is in
a store and not incorporated into someone's family and home.  Please don't
flame the people who realize that they are NOT able to give a fuzzie the
love and attention it needs.  It shows they CARE about what happens to their
ferret and want to see it in a better situation.  I too love both of our
babies, but even after seeing my nephew's in their home, it was still a
major adjustment period getting used to accommodating the needs they have.
We're still learning!! (and loving every minute).

It is far better for someone to try and find their fuzzie a home on the FML
than to turn it loose, have it put down, or anything else.  Let's try not to
turn them off the FML and have one of those alternatives happen!

Karla