From:
Emi Koizumi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 14:25:13 -0400
I'm so sorry to hear about all the fuzzies that have passed on, lately.  I
was so sad reading these stories.  These pets really squirm their way into
our hearts.  Maybe it's better to remember that even though our pet has
passed on, we gave them lots of love and the best life we could.  It helps me
to know they had a great life.  I took Jim Cristea's advice to heart and
thought of all the fuzzies no longer with us and tongiht I played with Pekoe
and spoiled her more than usual (if it's possible).

About US regs:
I just found this out and thought some of you might want to know in case you
plan international travel with your ferret.  I called the American Embassy
and asked them about bringing my ferret to the US with me on vacation.  They
told me they thought it was fine but I should call the Fish & Wildlife Dept.
 I called them and they suggested I bring some sort of proof that my ferret
was born in the US if she was (she was).  Then they suggested I call the Dept
of Agriculture.  I called them and they told me to call the CDC.  I called
the CDC and they told me that if my ferret is not carrying any diseases it
would be no problem to bring her into the US with me.  Yay!

In summary, if you have a question about bringing your fuzzy into the US,
call the CDC and skip all the others.

Sherpa bags:
Does anyone use these for travel with their ferrets?  I just called the
company to express my interest.  They told me they did not recommend their
product for ferrets because "ferrets can chew through wire!"  Huh?  I have
not seen a Sherpa bag.  I just called because I've heard a lot of good things
about them.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Take care,  Emi K. Asada