From:
Emi Koizumi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 00:13:36 -0400
Hi!  I've been lurking for a long time and enjoying all the stories and
information.  I really love this list!  Let me introduce myself.  I'm mom to
Pekoe-chan a young sprite.  We live in Tokyo.  My husband's company imports
ferrets to Japan.  Please, no flames since my husband and I have no control
over the company (yet!).

This is speculation, but, one other big company imports ferrets to Japan and
they might be contributing to the Marshall Farms ferret shortage...  Please
don't quote this hearsay.  : )  Shh, you didn't hear it from me!

Other than that, I'm just a recent expat American and really glad to have
this great link to other English speakers about one of my favorite topics.
Please don't be fooled by my name, I'm yonsei (4th generation born in the
US) and don't speak Japanese, yet (hint, hint - please don't make me feel
stupid by writing to me in Japanese.  I'll have to get my husband to
translate it).

I want to thank all the vets on here for taking the time to help all of us.
I feel comforted by the fact that I can reach someone if I need to.  My one
encounter with a vet here was not pleasant.  He didn't know anything about
ferrets (sniff, sniff).

I also want to thank all the Japanese vets on here for caring enough to go to
these lengths to find out about ferrets!

I'm also SO RELIEVED to hear from Ayumi Takeshima that the Ferret FAQ has
been translated into Japanese and uploaded to Japanese bbs and Niftyserve.
That saves me the worry over trying to get it translated (somehow - HA HA).

Keep up all the great notes and go play with your fuzzies!  That's what I'm
going to do!

Thanks for reading this rambling, boring note!

Emi Koizumi Asada
and Pekoe the would-be nipper (Ptooey!!  What is that horrible taste on your
skin?!)