From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:10:30 -0400
Laurie saw it at Jean's, and decided she must have it.  I saw it at
Laurie's, and decided I must have it.  Any ferret fans in the area are
welcome to visit me and decide they must have it too!

It's the digging box.

Whether you fill it with rice, soil or sand, it is the MUST HAVE ferret toy
for the new millenium!

Like Laurie's, I used a mix of potting soil (20#, $1.29), play sand (50#,
$3.49) and a large, not too deep storage box with lid (half price sale!
$5.99).  I used equal amounts of sand and soil, and threw in some
vermiculite to lighten the mix up.

Buttons was the first to get into it.  He flung the dirt joyfully onto
Cookie's head.  Cookie was a bit hesitant at first, but she now spends the
most time in there.  She especially enjoys digging out the balls that
Buttons had buried in his frenzied digging.  Caruso likes to grab armfuls
of dirt and scoot backwards in a circle.  He dug a nice moat around a
central castle, and then destroyed the castle.  Even dainty little Belle
dug briefly before deciding she was too delicate and asked to be cuddled
instead.

OK so I have to sweep the dining room floor now, and when the ferrets jump
in the tub for a drink of water, they leave little brown footprints, but
it's well worth it!

So head out to the nearest all purpose store (KMart, Walmart, etc) and get
yourself the toy for the year 2000.  Do it for the ferrets!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin, Ohio

To help in raisin' funds for the Raisin Retreat, go here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=3585&MID=30146