Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 07:08:13 -0500
this post is directed especially to:: Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

yes ferrets do wag their tails when they're extremely excited.  a quick
story of mine...i have a male sable, kikomann, who was a loner for a year
until i acquired my silvermitt, nicholii.  when kiko was a little tyke, he
would get happy, weasel war dance, and wag his tail!!  he didn't do that
again for a long time until after nicholii came around.  when i got a tube
to play with(ferrets, not me!), i saw not just kiko wagging his tail but
both he and nicholii!  what a riot to see them face to face playing chicken
and wagging their tails at who got who!!!!  ya, i know it was explained to
me that the reason they do it is because they're trying to guage the space
behind them in the tunnel but i don't buy that explanation one bit.
ferrets have personalities: therefore, they play; they dook; and they
express their joy with what looks like caffeine loaded tail wagging :)
dogs don't even wag that fast(G!)...

my theory--
malissa d
& my biz :)