From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 08:26:15 -0400
Victor Hanson wrote:
>The other day I took out Elvis for a walk & before I new it I hade kids
>comming up to me & asked WHAT IS THAT?  I'm pretty sure adults know about
>them but not to many kids do.

Don't assume that the parents know.  Most don't.  Since you are going to be
trying to educate children on ferrets, be prepared to educate their mom's
and dad's too.  They are the one's who are going to hear, "MOM!  It was so
cute.  It was a ferret.  They jump and play and 'war dance'.  They eat
meat, AND AND AND!"

Most are going to have the same tired old, "Smelly-Rat" argument laid out
for their children.  When you go, try to have some pre-printed FAQ's for
the kids to take to their parents.  I would have a few extra's for the
teacher to have for other classes as well.

I am pretty sure that Ferret Central (anyone know the address?) is going to
have quite a bit of information.  I also know that South Florida Ferret
Club and Rescue has a FAQ at http://www.miamiferret.org/about.htm.

GOOD LUCK

April and the four furballs of fun ~~~ Luna, Sola, Bridgette, and Nutt

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

    @-"-@
  (=^ ' ^=)
o00 -\o/- 00o