Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:49:00 -0800
There have been two posts in particular the last few weeks that have
touched me deeply.  One was Lisette telling of the passing of her
*Little*.  That was a few months after loosing our dear 36 year old
Miniature Donkey T-Elsie to colon cancer, and the same week we lost our
wonderful 13 year old kitty Mumbo to stomach cancer.

This morning I read Judith White's post on natural death/euthanasia, 10
days after loosing our sweet dog Ria to lung cancer.

In each case, we wanted so much for these dear ones to just pass into
death as did *Little*.  In each case there was more pain than we thought
fair, and we had them kindly put to sleep.  Then there was the DOUBT.
Were we right, could they have had another week, even another day.  Or did
we really wait too long.  Analyzing will change nothing.  Judith helped
ease my mind a bit.  In each case, I knew by the look in their eyes that
life no longer meant much to them.  It was a pleading for the pain to end.
This is the hardest part of being a pet parent, isn't it??

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]