Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:03:58 -0800
Some may find the following raffle experiences interesting.  I belong to
our state/federal Desert Tortoise rescue and adoption program.  Each year
I make and donate a quilt for the raffle table.  Proceeds go to the
infirmary to treat and care for those that are ill or injured.  Tickets
are sold all year for $1 apiece, the raffle is held at our last meeting
(till spring) in late Oct.  For the last 3 years the quilt has been won
by the SAME person.  She buys at least $25 worth at each meeting, at the
last meeting she bought 150 tickets.  There were lots of tickets sold over
the year, I believe she bought the most for one person.  Thankfully no one
minds that she won, again.  I'm thrilled that she appreciates my efforts
and our group efforts.  I do the same for our local companion bird club.
This year the quilt was one by the club president, for the second year in
a row.  She also bought a bunch of tickets.  Sadly, one member has her
panties all in a bunch over this, suggesting she should refuse the damn
quilt and another ticket be drawn.  I probably don't need to explain how
this makes me feel. :(

Hopefully Kat will keep making her wonderful afghans, I plan to win the
next one. :)  I have another quilt to be raffled this month, proceeds
going to Wild Horse Spirit, a local group of wonderful folks dedicated to
rescuing sick and injured wild horses.  I bought $150 worth of tickets
for my own quilt.  My heart, soul and many tears are in that quilt.  I
plan to gift it to the founders of Wild Horse Spirit if my ticket is
drawn.  Probably someone out there will be upset should that happen.
Too bad...... If you wish and have time, take a peek at
http://www.wildhorsespirit.org

Have Kleenex handy, be prepared to be angry.

In Touch, Ardith
mailto:[log in to unmask]