From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 09:26:29 -0500
Hi Amy,
In regards to your post I would ask you to look at the first 3 ingredients
corn , meal and corn--- now we all know that the ferrets digestive tract is
so short that they cannot break down the plant (corn) proteins.  Therefore
the corn meals which can be utilized as proteins in other animals are not
effective for ferrets.

Remember the lab animals live their lives in cages and confined areas, they
are not as active as the pet ferrets, also they are not kept alive longer
than the project requires.  The sad fact but true.

I would caution you in using this food long term-- as with other corn based
protein foods you run the risk of malnurishment after a long period of time
using it....

Just my thoughts-- nice to know you have found yet another "ferret" food
though!