From:
kimberly fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:12:01 -0800
First, congratulations to all of those who received awards at the Ferret
Symposium.  Your work is absolutely priceless to the members of the ferret
community.

Second, I need to know how to safely get rid of the mice in my house and
where to get such a product.  They are running rampant through my house,
especially ceilings.

Third, I also take in the fuzzys deemed as "un-adoptable" because of
one illness or another.  I am very interested in learning more about
alternative (herbal) treatments for insulinoma.  It is my understanding
that Prednisone over a long period of time is damaging to bones, making
them brittle.  I have heard about using Alfalfa to effectively manage
blood sugar levels.  Anyone care to comment?

My most recent respit that I adopted came to me in shut down mode after
the loss of her cage mate.  She was literally fur on bones weighing in at
1.5 pounds.  She was so lethargic, I didn't expect her to live.  With alot
of attention and mothering and duck soup she perked up... She even played
with a cat teaser and Dooked for me on New Year's Eve!!!!  The vet however
recommended weaning her off the duck soup because it was high in sugar..??
So I did and she was on Mazuri.  Then the diarrhea started and she's back
to being weak again.  I'm giving her Kaopectate .50 2x a day, syringes of
water to be sure she is staying hydrated and duck soup every 2-3 hours
along with 1/4 tab of prednisone every 12 hours.....she is in my arms
almost constantly and is most happy when her head is touching my hand or
skin in some way.  It is absolutely heart wrenching and I want to make
sure I'm doing everything right.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated by me and my little Sweet Pea.

Thanks guys,
Kim
Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue......and Respit? LOL.