Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:34:34 EDT
Well... as it would be, my wife and I missed the Cleveland Pet Expo,
but that was a good thing of sorts. Sam found out that there was a pet
expo in Columbus on Friday (yesterday) and it is still going on today
and tomorrow. Nonetheless... this gave us an opportunity to go to
Gordon Biersch, a restaurant and microbrewery close to the Nationwide
arena AND go to the Pet Expo. I have to say I was hoping that there
would be more ferret friendly representatives there but there was only
a couple of names. One of those names which is familiar to this group
is HOFA. We met a lot of volunteers from the group and also Jeanie and
Julie. It was great to 'talk ferret' with the group. I have to admit...
I saw a couple of the largest ferrets I have ever seen in my life!

Anyway... the people at HOFA were super friendly. They had some
questions for us regarding FURS (Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Services)
which we currently foster for. I directed them to the web site
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org

We didn't get to stay for the tube race and I bet that would have been
fun. I wish we could have convinced Linda to go with us but she had
prior commitments. The pet expo is a great way to get exposed to some
of the rescue groups that are out there and their techniques for
fundraising. There were lots of animal shows and clinics to see. If my
wife had her way, we would have brought home a pigmy goat, a miniature
horse, a cocker spaniel and several other animals along the way... well
not really. For me, I was happy just meeting the people of HOFA.

Dave