Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:27:24 +0000
Dear Friends:

Due to a tragedy and death of a ferret with in 6 days of an adoption with
a ferret owner that clearly showed her experience with a ferret, from
owning a ferret and interview, this should have never happened.  With the
event that did happen there is too much contradicting additional things
and still no admittance of the situation and end results and the almost
two year stay the ferret had in our shelter/ rescue due to age mainly.
Between vet records our evaluation and personality of this ferret there
is no aggressiveness in this ferret to be able to climb upwards, he just
tug at your feet or show signs he wants up.  Necropsy report and the
clean health conditions, there is enough evidence that something happened
and it had no regards to the ferret but accident or abuse.

With our mission and reason we are a shelter rescue to start with, we
will not let any ferret go or expected to happen in this case.  So for
now our doors are closed to the public, we are updating our procedures
and Policies, as well as all contracts though our organization.  Until
these are made and in place we will not be taking in surrenders, or
conducting adoptions.  Our pre arranged ferret sitting and other requests
from our supporters and adoptions; we will still do our service to you
during this time.  We apologize to any others that may find this
inconvenient, but there is another rescue/shelter in our state that we
are sure they will be glad to assist you.

Sorry but at this time this is an announcement with what we can inform at
this time.  Until our full investigate of the incident is complete and
all action we plan to take are complete, we can not pass any further
info at this time.  Due to the care, interests, and relationship we have
established with all the vets we use, and the duration of the stay the
ferret was with our shelter is the plus, of why the incident should have
never happened.  We do not take cover up or lies for answers we are
straight forward and we expect straight forward regardless of the
criteria.  .

Also to the additional procedures and policies going into place we do
expect our adoption fees will be increased but only upon completion and
decision will we know for sure.

At the bridge is Alex, a ferret that should not be there, but shockingly
he is.  Alex we are so deeply regret what happened to you, as this should
have never happened but we are making changes and adding much more paper
work and procedures in your honor regardless of the experience of the
potential family.  We know you are now amongst many ferrets and nothing
can hurt you now.  Will not allow this possibility to happen again(We
pray).

We are a no-kill shelter and our interests are purely the protection
and well-being of ferrets.

Before anyone wants to jump to conclusions or go based on speculation
they may hear, and jump to conclusions before knowing the facts of our
organization there are direct places to contact and get the facts,
scores, or if there are any citations, violations, complaints or any
other that no one can say otherwise and is the factual findings.

From the Staff of Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S.