Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:24:16 +0000
Dear FML Friends:

Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. Inc. with assistance from our supporters and
requests we have recieved.  Is loading a 28ft. truck and heading to west
Louisiana Humane Society.  If any ferret shelters may need some Items
along our way please let us know.  Our bulk of our shipment is for dogs
and cats.  We have r3ecieved shampoos and conditioners, nail trimmers,
water, bowls, collars and leashes.  From our talks with humane societies,
and a few other rescues with in louisiana, We have started gathering
donations and Darryl is delivering the goods to help.  We have collected
over our duration a bunch of cages prior to Katrina that we have replaced
to our choice of cage.  But if a Shelter needs cages along our travel and
calls us at (404) 343 - 1245.  If any extra carieers for dogs or cats in
good standards we are taking those to west Louisiana Humane Society and
other Rescues along the way.

We hope the fuel costs do not exceed our cost But could use any cash
donation through Paypal at [log in to unmask] to assist in our
exspense to travel.  Our reservered pre pay we have allready out layed as
deposit is 473.49 as we received a 10% discount through Budget commercial
trucks.  And with where we are going we know it will be more.

Our trip may have primary dogs and cats, but if any ferret supplies and
we have it let us know and call us.  We want to thank all that contribute
to this effort (Pet's Mart, Pet Co, Pets Supermarket, Our daily
supporters, Dekalb Fire Department, Dekalb Police Dept., and our private
donators that prefer no acknowledgement but support our efforts.

I want to stop and visit some of the ferret shelters along my travels
as this may be my only time to say hi in person.  Every living thing
deserves our support, and We want to do our part in the devastating
disaster.  With the cages we have and are bringing Most are super pet,
I have recieved new clips for assembly which will be provided.  These
cages was originally going towards a fundraising sale at a future event,
but this situation in Louisiana to have happen We felt this was a better
cause at the time.

And please Alabama was hurt and devastated as well, if there is any need
of these supplies let we are carrying let us know.

List of current donations.

Pet shampoos and conditioners (varied brands)
Dog & cat Dishes (Varied sizes and types)
1 Pallet bottled water
1 case septic powder,
Miselanious cages 56 total for ferrets (most are Super Pet.
Dog brushes and cat brushes untottaled still gathering.
collars and leashes
8 medium cat carieers
4 medium dog carieers
3 small carieers
Pet foods for dogs cats and ferrets.

Note for the rescue that have contacted us prior to this decision to take
a trip ourself if have not found a transport contact us.  We hope to be
full in our 32 ft box truck.

1 case nail clippers medium (good for small dog or cat.)

So if any one else has items that is in the direction or want ot donate
to this trip please contact us at.

1 (404) 343 - 1245
Darryl Smith
Angela Smith
Georgia F.E.R.R.E.T.S. Inc.
443 Patterson Avenue
Scottdale, Georgia 30079

Please use paypal donations to [log in to unmask]