Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 04:51:54 -0800
Yesterday I receive a referral to a guy who "must get rid of" his ferret
of 1 1/2 -2 years because she escaped and killed one of his prized
turtles.  I call him up and encounter a real special kind of idiot.
Because one tiny part of his brain is smart enough to realize that the
ferret acted out of instinct ( and that he respects) she shall be spared
a death sentence.  However her cage is now rip corded closed and it was
all he could do to not "rip cord her throat".  You can imagine how I'm
nearly biting my tongue in half to avoid going medieval on this jerk.
Yes, of course I'll take her in I say explaining about ADV and asking for
a small donation to cover the test during her quarantine.  "You want
money?  Oh forget it.  I called you because I thought you were a rescue!"
he says, "I'll just dump her off somewhere." "Oh no," I say and offer to
take her in anyway.  He then proceeds to tell me how I am "making out" on
this deal because she comes with a cage, toys and food.  Yup, the best
food out there...Sunseed diet.  Doesn't this stuff contain at least 90%
of ingredients that are not suitable for ferrets?  The letter published
last year...(Dear Mr. & Mrs. Average Pet Owner) is playing in my head.
Yes.  How very wonderful of you to not dump off the poor little girl and
take all of her belongings, everything that is familiar to her and sell
them to the highest bidder.  You are truly a wonderful and compassionate
person and should be commended for this.  Let's not mention how very much
I am "making out" on this wonderful "deal".  My front vamp tooth is now
so firmly embedded in my tongue that it will require a professional to
remove it.  AND he's in such a huge hurry to "get rid of her" that I
can't pick her up until monday.  No doubt a time when it is most
convenient for him.

I am able to provide quarantine for this little girl...and am working on
lining up a forever home but bottom line is that I don't have the extra
funds for her ADV test.  What I do have is a cute new hammy I'm working
on with a tent top.  These are really cute and the fuzzys really seem
to love the added benefit of being in a hanging hidey hole.  I'm selling
them for $16 and I can email you a pic if you like.  These would also
make a great gift for your giving tree ferret.  I'll include gift wrap
and ship to the your giving tree furkid for just $3 extra.  I'm also
making crocheted egg toys for $2.  I have them in bright colors, pastels
and Christmas colors.  The blood draw, the test and the shipping will
total approximately $40.  Please help this furkid out by purchasing some
of my handmade goodies.

Thanks everyone.

Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.