From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:27:51 EST
Hi all, I hope someone can shed some light on a problem we are having with
our Sophie.  About 1 month ago we took her to the Vet because she was losing
weight.  Vet thought she might have Helicobacter, so we started treating her
for that.  About 1 1/2 weeks into treatment she started to swell up, really
got big fast.  Went back to vet, He said her lympo nodes were swollen and
she probably had lympocaroma.  We had 2 biophies done to see if that was the
problem.  Both came back negative for lympho.  The Dr. said she is laying
down FAT where her lymph nodes are.  Vet is really stumped by now.  He is
thinking that it must be her Adrenals.  He talked with Dr. Rosenthal and put
a call into Dr. S. Brown.  Sophie has had one adrenal removed already.  We
have her scheduled for surgery on 3-5-98.  Has anyone had this problem
before?  Sophie hasn't lost any hair, in fact where the biophies were done,
she is growing more hair.  She doesn't eat on her own, so I make a Duck Soup
mix for her.  I am giving her Timmy's Tonic and Colloidal Silver(her spleen
is enlarged) She is 5-6 yrs.old.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
Dianna