From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:22:38 -0700
There are new people posting on the Craigs List and Hooby who are
posing as NJ Ferret Rescues/Shelters. Here is a list of legal NJ
ferret rescues/shelters and small private rescues who can legally
take in ferrets in NJ.

Me, Debi-Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue
Steve & Cheryl-SJ Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Keith & Evelyn-Father Nature's Ferret Rescue
Glenda-Haskell's Furry Little Rascals
Megan-Ferret Frenzy
Sam-South Jersey Small Animal Rescue
Larry-Scales & Tails

We are all legal and permitted by the NJ Department of Fish & Wildlife
to rescue and adopt out ferrets. This list is the most current as of
September 25th, 2009.

If you see an add posted by someone in New Jersey saying they are a
ferret rescue/shelter and they are NOT on this list, PLEASE contact me
with the person's information such as name, e-mail address, mailing
address and phone number if you have it. I have been working for a few
years now with Linda & Jane from the New Jersey Department of Fish &
Wildlife Permit Sector to crack down on people posing as legal ferret
rescues in my state. You need a special permit and in most cases need
to pass an inspection by Jane to legally rescue, shelter and adopt out
ferrets in New Jersey. Also if you live in New Jersey and purchase a
ferret from a New Jersey pet shop and you do NOT received a temporary
permit for your ferret (Pink slip), also please contact me with the pet
shops information. They are also trying to crack down on NJ pet shops
that are not giving out this information or temporary permit. Adam's
Pet Safari in Chester NJ is one of these pet shops and I've already
called in and reported him.

I'm all for more ferret rescues in my state, but please, lets make sure
they are legal and follow legal protocal.

Debi Sadowski
Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue & Ferretry Established in 1998
www.freewebs.com/fuzzyloving