From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:39:07 -0800
Yesterday (1/12) I was sent an e-mail about a fire that occurred in the
home of one of South Shore Ferret Care's Foster Moms. All humans and
pets were able to escape the fire. Michele Paulhaus, Assistant Director
rushed the four ferrets (Stevie, Bandit, Carmela and Rudy) to the vet
for care for smoke inhalation.

The vet was already caring for Turbo, Chloe, Pinky and Zoey who could
also use some prayers for their recoveries before they return home to
Diane Wall, Shelter Director.

I do not have much info on Annalise's situation, but knowing how
prayers work if you say them - they get where they are going. I'm
sure she could use a few cyber hugs as well as I suspect she is most
concerned about all her pets today on top of the rest of the confusion.

Here are some ways this wonderful ferret family might help.

1. Donations to the shelter through Pay pal:

2. Donations to Randolf Vet Hospital
400 South Main Street Randolf, Ma. 02368
on behalf of South Shore Ferret Care

3. If $$ is tight for you, which is very understandable these days,
perhaps you could spare a card, stamp and a few kind words from the
heart.

Cards might be snt to: The vets at Randolf Vet Hospital for their help
during this emergency.

City of Cambridge Fire Department 795 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge,
MA. 02139-3219 or

Somerville Fire Department 266 Broadway somerville MA. 02145-2916

Both departments responded to the call and were able to rescue the
people and pets. I might suggest you reference the fire as 41 Magnolia
Street on Tuesday 1/12. Let's let them know how special ferrets and
ferret folks are to us - as well as how we appreciate them and their
unique winter skills. I heard once firemen like treats so if you
bake......heck, probably vets and vet techs too.

4. Any healers available to send help for the greatest good of these
people and ferrets and working in the highest vibration for them are
also invited to participate.

Smoke inhalation can present complications over the following days so
Diane and Michele will have their hands full keeping an eye on these
kids in addition to those coming home with the other health issues/sx
recoveries. I know Diane's time to respond to e-mails will be limited
or non-existent the next week or so.

Below is the article Diane shared with me.
<http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/news/x370522346/Two-alarm-Cambridge-fire-sends-three-firefighters-to-hospital>
I wil do my best to try to provide updated information as it becomes
available.

Thanks for your support and prayers,
Cathy Ryan
Feed rescued animals in two clicks