From:
Monica Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:49:03 PST
Hi everyone and dooks to the fuzzies.  I haven't posted in quite awhile,
just lurking in the background reading, & learning.  First I'd like to
introduce a new addition to my "business." His name is Fozzie Bear, he's
about 2 yrs old and a Sable mitt I believe.  A mitt for sure, just not sure
of coloring, he has brown,grey,white,black but he sure is cute.  I rescued
him from a family that has 6 kids and no longer can "spend the time" with
him any longer.  He had been put outside on the deck, with only a little
hammock to sleep in, no blankies, 3 litter pans (all of which were filthy
and moldy) a water bottle and food.

This contractor who is doing work on the family house is also doing work at
my vets office and was concerned about the welfare of Fozzie.  He was being
neglected and would always come out of his hammock when the contractor
walked by as if asking "are you going to play with me today?" Well....my
doc gave him my name and number, he called, we chatted, he called the
family, I went and got him, cage and everything.  Actually, Fozzie is in
much better shape than I imagined.  I had fears of a skinny, scraggly,
little thing that would bite just to get attention.  But NO...he's a fat,
furry, bright eyed little bundle of love.  He loves to cuddle, he plays
tag, and gives kisses like there's no tomorrow.  The family was happy that
he was going to a home with additional ferrets that he could play with.
Fozzie is isolated for 2 weeks just to make sure that he doesn't have
anything contagious.  Then the introductions will begin.  Fozzie brings my
count to an even 16, 8 boys and 8 girls.  hehehe Ain't life grand.  :-)

Now to the naming of ferrets.  My first boys were named Bartles and James
(after the coolers), then came Bonnie and Clyde (you guessed it), then
girls Squeeker and Slinky (Squeeker made noises when eating, Slinky did
just that, on her belly), Tango and Cash boys, (after the movie, gotta love
Kurt Russell), then I adopted Yuki- female, (came with her name) a cute
little silver mitt, then Amanda (yes you guessed it, a panda), Taffy-girl,
my little DEW, next was Keegan and Jewel (blaze sisters that I adopted
because their mom was to busy to play with them), then Samson-boy, (marked
white and a real lovey bundle), Bear-girl(cinnamon and a cutie), Felix-boy,
sable mitt and all boy, Karizma-girl (her mom couldn't put up with her
jumping on things), and Oscar-(sable/silver mitt, not sure yet) he's
Felix's buddy.  The names just kinda fit them, and the ones that I adopted,
well, I just couldn't change their names after they'd had them for so long.
Anyways, just thought I'd let everyone know of my business.  Take care and
hugs and dooks to you and yours.

Monica and the Weasel Ward
James,Clyde,Squeeker,Slinky,Tango,Cash,Taffy,Keegan,Jewel,Amanda,
Samson,Bear,Felix,Karizma,Oscar,Fozzie Bear.
ICQ # 29613521 - Slinky
We never lose the ones we love,
For even though they're gone,
Within the hearts of those who care,
Their memory lingers on.
Bonnie,Bartles,Yuki - gone but not forgotten.
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PetsPl/ferretsrule1/