From:
Muldoone Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:25:33 -0800
I have something to say and I am concerned about how it is going to be
received. Greeting your ferrets at the Rainbow Bridge has brought me
great joy but at the same time, it has been an incredibly draining
experience, one I was not prepared for.

In my own life, the person who writes for Muldoone, I have many
responsibilities and please don't think I am putting those ahead of
anyone's pain. For over two years I have done my best to greet every
ferret I was requested to greet; my greatest fear was that I would get
a name wrong or someone would feel slighted or I would somehow add to
people's grief in some way.

Not long ago I had a loss of my own and I sincerely think a big part of
me went to the Rainbow Bridge with her. I have tried to get back to the
writing but I feel so exhausted and so drained. When I lost her, she
took such a huge chunk of my heart and I don't know if I will ever get
it back.

My stories get long and rather involved and I feel I have taken on
people's pain and grief. Maybe that was my fault for not being able to
separate myself from what I was doing. I have been advised to take some
time off and I feel that is what I must do.

I hope you all will understand. I have wrestled with this over and
over. The last thing I want to do is disappoint anyone or have any hurt
feelings. Writing for Muldoone and greeting your ferrets has been one
of the most beautiful experiences in my life and one I will never
forget. I hope everyone understands and will not be angry with me.
Maybe after a little while I/Muldoone can come back. He will never
be gone from my heart, he is a part of me and always will be.

MustyPete is on full-time Bridge duty and there are other Bridge
greeters so no one's ferret will go ungreeted.

~~Muldoone~~
Caring for your ferrets at the Rainbow Bridge.

http://mrmuldoone.bravehost.com/index.html