From:
Jean Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 22:19:01 -0700
I have seen a couple posts asking about fuzzies & warm weather and, as a
person that lives in a mobile home with no A/C in S.Central Ks, thought I'ld
share my tips to make it through.

1) 2 Liter bottles of frozen water - I keep 3 or 4 in the freezer so that I
   can rotate them in the am & pm as it gets warmer.
2) fans - Keep a fan going to circulate the air on them.  You can also set
   up a towel hung with its bottom end in a pan of water, in front of a fan.
   This will help cool the air as the fan blows over it.
3) keep a spray bottle handy to mist them down from time to time.  Mine
   loved it even though they absolutely hate baths.  Change the drinking
   water at least once a day if not twice to keep them with cool fresh water.
4) don't put them in front of the window, even to catch the breezes, unless
   you can be sure the sun won't shine in.  The sun can be worse.
5) If you can, build an outside hutch that can be kept in shade.  Make sure
   you have a box they can get into should it start to rain and you can't get
   them inside.
6) Don't expect much activity from them, and watch the walks or frolicks in
   the evenings.  It may be cooler in the evening but too much activity after
   a hot day can be just as dangerous as they are already "stresed".
6) If you know you are going to be in a "heat" situation, it is better to
   let them acclimate to the warming rather than going from a cool climate to
   a hot climate.  If they have time to acclimate, their bodies will make
   adjustments to some extent to handle the warmer weather.

I had 3 fuzzies last summer and made it.  Diligence is the key.  My work
lunches were spent at home changing ice & water bottles.  This year I will
have 6 so guess I'ld better get a bigger freezer and 2 fans :)

Enjoy!
Jean and the fuzzie bundle Nikki, Jewell, Loki, Falkor, & Weezer