Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 08:31:51 +0100
I can see why the FML is rare and steadfast.  I have only been a part of
this group for just under a year and what amazes me about this list is
that, beyond all the fights and flames, there is the bases of true love
for ferrets that comes through loud and clear.

My time is very precious to me and if this list were not worth it, I would
have abandoned it long ago.  Yes, the rants and raves can get tiresome, but
through it all some good always comes out of it.

But most of all, I have managed to find some interesting people to talk to
who share with me a common bond - the desire to improve life for ferrets.
I would never have met the likes of Bob Church, who now has my dream world
scarred for life. ;-)  I would never have met others who I can now put a
face to a name.  I would not have had the opportunity to meet a wonderful
couple from San Francisco, who I know I did not spend enough time with.
And there are others.  For those that I haven't met, just "talked to"... I
have learned a great deal from all of you.  I also thank you for allowing
me to share my stories and ideas as well.

So, thanks Sukie, not only for some of the advise you have given me but
also for making us all aware of just how special we are... I think it needs
this kind of reminder every now and again.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
To my ferts:  If only you could truly know the battles that are fought
and won in your honour....

[posted to the FML]