From:
LLOYD & LAUREL PEPPERWOODS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:22:09 -0700
I work for a veterinary service which sells advantage, frontline and other
flea preventatives and I have come across aa few people wanting to save
their money and buy the BIO SPOT.  It is a highly toxic flea control to
use...they just recently came out with the Bio Spot for CATS because people
were trying to split up the DOG size and use it on their cats....well Bio
SPOT for dogs CAN, and has killed cats.  I would not take any risks with my
ferret...especially since there have never been any tests done on them.  It
also doesn't work as effectively or as long as they say.  Advantage hasn't
been tested on ferrets either.  Considering the bio spot is sold over the
counter and advantage you can only get through a vet...FOR NOW...I think I
will go with the safer of the two.

                   Laurel