From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 08:54:33 -0400
Excerpts from mail: 31-Jul-93 Ferret List Issue 535 by Ferret Mailing
List@ferr
> As I type this, carpet shark Beckett is busy digging *all* of the brand new
> "Yesterday's News" litter out of her box!  I just got some today as per the
> suggestion of some other ferret-listers, but am apparently having less
success

> with this than they are; she's hiding pieces of the litter under the
dresser..
> .
> Yikes!  I even put some of her feces in the box so she'd know what it is, but
> apparently she can't resist the play possibilities.  Up till now I've been
> using Hagen brand cat litter, and she's been ok with it, but I am
afraid of th

Try mixing some of the new litter into the old litter and gradually
increasing the new stuff until that's all that's in there. Another thing
that seems to help is use a spray bottle of water and lightly spray the
top of the litter. I happened to spray my ferret as she was digging,
too, and that seemed to do more good than any of the techniques! :) (she
doesn't like water)