From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 17:51:31 -0500
Our lives have been horridly hectic, which makes close reading (even
skimming in recent weeks) of our well-cherished fml rather haphazard, and
has me owing letters.  Forgive me if I repeat others.  Isn't it wonderful
knowing that the Communisphere goes on just fine without any of us
non-monitor selves?

ES, oh, you DO WRITE!  Loved touches: rampant alliteration, "unbalanced
Maytag", the minimalism of start and finish, "speedbump", cohesiveness,
vocabulary, flow, rhythm.  It's a joy to have a ringer chime in.  Although
many of us attempt entertainment in our own pleasurable but anemic fashions,
we still lack your class.  OED aside, let it not be too erratic errata.
(You either have much experience or rewrite, rewrite, rewrite...) Will we
possibly be gifted eventually with the precipitating events?  Couldn't you
just see your newly orphaned waif, coat-hanger thin from starvation (before
Eileen Ford notices and recruits that 'young man with the bone structure who
is wearing the fur jump suit') coming across the temptation of a road kill,
only to give new meaning to "No!  Carrion Comfort, I'll not feast on
thee..." Please.  blame this paragraph's poor puns upon the influence of Bob
(to whom I owe a letter) and not upon neural degeneration, and no comments,
please, on how in Germany erotic errata is now stomata stigmata.

If only we had time lapse capabilities we could have provided a movie to
make all grin.  Nothing equals ferrets for being able to tuck oneself in,
and we were graced with five sleepers snuggled within a rose satin nightie,
which, as tens of  minutes passed, slithered across the room, with only the
rare emergence of a nose or tail tip.  It was like nothing so much as a
living, breathing, meandering, pink cow flop.

This Christmas season brought an interesting predicament to our household.
If ferrets do not see blue why did 'Chopper (a panda ferret) daily
circumvent the tree and remove ONLY blue baubles?  Even if changed with
others from above she still gravitated to those alone.  When we stopped
having blue ones at the bottom she ceased her labours.

Malaki is in grand tradition.  Years ago Steve would not let Haleakala
follow a whim so she stomped on his toes to gain his eye, turned tail,
lifted same, and turded right, smack dab (if you will forgive me) on his
foot!

Tim, Associated Humane Societies (1-201-824-7080) and Itty Bitty Critters
(1-908-341-6960) shelter ferrets in N.J.

     Sukie and Steve (both substrate) and the Satirically Satanic Six (gems)