From:
ERIKA MATULICH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 14:20:30 -0600
I have had several ferrets who are fixated on their toy.  The main behaviors
are (1) carrying the toy around, although never actually playing with it, (2)
hiding it in good places, and (3) absolutely not tolerating other ferrets
messing with the toy!  Sweet Pea had a neon orange hard rubber ball (which
was quite heavy and difficult to carry around).  Gizmo had a bath sponge from
France that was bigger than she was (and hysterical to watch her carefully
find the balance point, hoist it over her head, and run off with her nose
pointed skyward with a huge blue sponge balanced on top). Misty has a
paintbrush, and Sasha has a paint roller cover.  These are all definitely
"personal toys" and nobody, not even me, should touch them!  Similarly, other
ferrets I have had do not care much about toys (Lizzie has no toy).

Erika, Misty, Sasha, and Lizzie