From:
"Charlene M Lowe (Charlene Lowe)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 11:14:56 -0600
>... know anything about the ferret tunnels that are available.  They are
>called Fun-nells made by SuperPet.  How do ferrets climb up them vertically
>how well can they get up them, how high can they go in them, what size of a
>ferret will fit in them (how big lbs), and...do they acutually like them...

Our beasts LOVE these tunnels.  I'm not sure I can describe them
understandably, but here goes.  Each tube has slits that are cut about every
inch along the tube, around the tube.  The beasts can scale straight
vertically in these because they can get a grip on the slits and they can
also push their back against one wall and shimmy too.  They can descend
straight vertical too.  Albino Edith has a hard time getting up on the bed.
One of her arms is a bit weak because it was broken when she was little.
However, she has no problem getting up in the tube.  So, we have made some
of the tubes a ramp up onto the bed.  About what size of a ferret can fit in
them: our Edith (2.7 lbs) and Zoey (1.75 lbs) can turn around in them no
problem and so can fight off boys from both sides.  The boys however
(Clarence is the biggest at about 3.7 lbs) has a lot of room in there but
cannot turn around without backing out and backing in etc.  I bet these
tubes could accomodate animals at least up to 5 lbs.  The boys like to
really get rough in them, and they ALWAYS wag their tails in them.  Their
tails beat on the sides of the tube and make a very hilarious sound.  The
girls like to go in and clog the tube.  They go in and nap and they really
like to go in and push themselves along on their backs - I think the tubes
make good back scratchers.  We change the set up every once in awhile, and
they like this, as it is a brand new toy then which needs exploration.

Nick names - We call Zoey:

"DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN" (the theme song to the movie "Jaws")

Charlene