From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:51:51 -0400
hello my friends, it;s been a sad week for the shelter.  last Saturday,
an evil man abandon 2 ferrets in a leash free dog park near the shelter.
many volunteers spent the whole week looking for these kids, but they
have had no luck.  the volunteers dug through garbage, old paint cans,
broken glass and even a couple of abandon cars in this park.

ironically, 10 years ago this month, the shelter started off on its 1st
outdoor rescue.  it was in a garbage dump where someone had abandon a
ferret.  sadly, that ferret died and here we are, 10 years later in the
same position.  how sad.

Also last Saturday, a lady found a very thin ferret on the side of the
road.  it looked like he had been wondering for a while.  he had been hit
by a car and was dead.  his name was Jergen.  i know that because he's
across the Rainbow Bridge with me now.

he's safe, pain free and eating like a horse.  he is thankful to the nice
lady that picked up his broken body and took him away to a nicer place.
he also is happy that there are people like her who can not leave a dead
animal on the roadside and who give them a proper and dignified place of
rest.  Jergen vows to meet this lady at the Rainbow Bridge when it's her
time to cross.  Even though she was too late to save him, she gave him
love after he had already crossed.

The shelter took in two cuties this week.  Checker is a very handsome guy
who is about 4 months old and not fixed!  He's been a hit at the shelter
and is already getting sick of all the kissing and coo'ing he's been
getting.  He came to us from Hamilton and was left in front of the animal
pound in a carrier over night (i wish the man that dumped the 2 kids in
the park was so nice!).

Tarzan came to us via the Toronto Humane Society.  He's a sweet 2 1/2
year old who is still a little unsure of himself.  he is getting along
fine with the big play group and loves to be cuddled.

Our long-time volunteers and Board members celebrated our 10 year
anniversary on Sunday.  They spent the afternoon at the King Edward hotel
for Royal High Tea!  they ate tiny finger sandwiches, scones and pastries
and drank loose leaf tea!  It was so posh!  They are hoping to make it a
regular event to help to keep up their spirits during sad times.

Barbie & Ken are finally back home with their foster mommie, auntie
Jenny.  YAY!!!!  Soooooo, Razzle and Dazzle officially moved into auntie
Olympia's pad on Sunday as well.  Dazzle still has good and bad days but
for how ever long she has to live, i know she wouldn't be happier any
other place than with auntie Olympia!

The shelter also welcomed 2 new volunteers on Sunday.  Tatiana and
Leeza join our team of great volunteers and i know i speak for all the
volunteers when i say "welcome"!

All my love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>