From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:11:15 -0500
Besides the many wonderful ferret sites which have giving possibilities
here is an ASPCA site which even has a couple of things that might be
good gifts for the shelter person on your list (I have NOT read these
books so don't know but I think I might get some with holiday money if I
get some.)

http://store.yahoo.com/aspca/

Soundprints catalog has reintroduced their Black Footed Ferret children's
book, tape, and stuffed ferret.  I don't know if they are still a
Smithsonian catalog.  The Smithsonian has had financial cutbacks and
things may have spun off.

http://www.soundprints.com/spstore/showprod.cfm?&DID=11&CATID=61
&ObjectGroup_ID=293

or go to the Wild Heritage Collection from the main products list page
below.  AVOID their horridly malfunctioning search engine.  They should
learn from Bill Gruber or Pam and Eric Sessoms how to do a search engine!

http://www.soundprints.com/spstore/webpage.cfm?&DID=11&WebPage_ID=9

[Moderator's note: I didn't program the FML search engine -- it comes
with the list server software and I only did minor customization.  By
the way, it's changing soon to help protect privacy.  I'll write about
it more next week, but basically the archives still will be searchable
by anyone but e-mail addresses of the posters will be masked out unless
you get a password and sign in.  That will stop address harvesting by
spammers.  BIG]