From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 18:58:03 -0500
Hi All in Ferret Land!

First I think the book Chris was refering to is "All about Ferret's" by
Mervin F.Roberts..Publisher is  T.F.H.  It has alot of information on
the hunting practices with polecat's

I received a very nice letter from the McDowell's the other day, They
appreciate all the suport that everyone has given them both emotionally
and financially.  But has anyone else on FML heard that their daughter
Megan has had an accident?  She required emergancy surgery to repair
torn ligament's and to have a metal plate put into her leg.  She won't
be able to walk for 8 week's and is going to need additional surgery,
and therapy.  And since Mike was terminated they also canceled their
health insurance.

Bad luck just keep's rolling their way, I think now more then ever they
need more suport.  I had an Idea that if maybe all of us on FML would
make a group effort, such as calling the talk show's and new's
companies that maybe there would be strength in our number's, I believe
the last time I looked the subscription count is over 450 people,
Wouldn't that make them atleast a little curious? who are these 450
some people? Maybe this is important? or worth looking into?  Just a
thought, Ann posted a while back the number's of the Show's(1-800), and
I will look them up and re-post them.

Chris maybe you could post a small note on every issue for about a week
that would briefly state the cause, the phone number's,etc.  Since it
seem's that there are new subscriber's often, and other's who don't
read the Issue's until they have a few to read at a time.  Just a
thought.

[I'm willing to run something, if you (or somebody) wrote a short
blurb for me to include.]

On a 'Lighter' note, no pun intended:-) I have a funny story about
thieving Ferret's.  A friend of mine who lived down the street had a
female Sable who loved to steal, and it seemed this ferret was also
making a statement to her owner.

Well they had lived there for a little less then 2 year's, and their
Ferret had full run of the house. Her owner was a smoker and every time
she turned around she kept losing her lighter's, and it seemed as
though she was alway's having to buy one or two at a time, she actually
thought she was going nut's, she never thought of the Ferret because no
one had ever seen the Ferret take them or show any interest in them.
Well they had decided to move and were in the proccess of moving a
large 4 poster oak bed, and when they finally got it apart and down
they started to move some of the shoe boxes underneith it, and opened
them up, Here in one of the boxes were about 2 year's worth of
cigarette lighter's.  Maybe the ferret's way of saying 'If you won't
stop smoking I will help, or atleast make it harder!' The only thing we
could figure out is maybe the shiny part of the lighter's were what she
was after, or maybe the strange butane smell that linger's on
them...kinda smell's like socks!

The funny part is we never figured out how she got them, My friend always
left her cigarette's on her night stand before going to bed, she said she
never woke up with the Ferret trying to steel them or ever knocking over the
lamp.

Ahh Love those night-raid's! creeping up on a pack of unsuspecting   smoke's
and their buddy 'Bic' or 'Zippo'

Well all take care,

Michelle and The MASKeteer's:-)