From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:10:30 -0800
Well, Puerto Vallarta was the best time I have had in Mexico!  I took my
ferret photo album with me and asked around to some locals who thought
they were really adorable!  One woman said "muy bonita" which means "very
pretty" in Spanish.  Apparently, they had all seen Beastmaster and
Kindergarten Cop.  One person said "Arnold".  I did not get that reaction
in Mazatlan or Cabo.  Even though there are no ferrets there, I highly
recommend it for vacation.  I was also able to hold a very large iguana
(at least fifteen pounds) and Jim stood there going "don't even think
about it." He was so friendly.  It was not appreciated by my hubby that I
kept ordering extra food at meals to take to the many cats and dogs
wandering the streets.  I fed quite a few, but not enough.  Animals
certainly are not put in as high regard as we do here, but I have seen
that everywhere I have travelled (Jamaica, Mexico, Carribean, Puerto
Rico).

I must tell everyone that if you go to PV, you should definitely do
the Swim with the Dolphins at the sanctuary.  It was the most amazing
experience, and I almost starting crying.  Very emotionally moving.  Lots
of pictures!

Upon arriving home I found 61 emails from FMLers plus the digests in my
inbox.  Thank you, all of you, with the exception of one, for the nice
notes.  I will get back to each and every one of you, but it may take a
couple of days.

Those of you who have also expressed concern, you should continue to do so.
Just today, a certain FMLer emailed me to tell me the following, after I
had responded to her rude email:
I wrote: I hope and pray that your ferrets are not being slapped for
displaying actions you disagree with.

Her response: Yes, I slap them every time I look at them and THINK OF YOU!!

Since I did not specify who sent me this email, BIG should not have a
problem allowing it to go through.  [A quote is fine -- an entire e-mail
is not fine without permission.  BIG]  Those who would like to see the
email are free to email me and I will forward it.

On another note...my suggestion to this punchbug, reneew, R.Worthing or
whatever you go by, is to quite emailing me.  Spewing hatred wont get you
very far.  Also, bringing the Killians into it, certainly would not be in
your best interest.  I strongly suggest you avoid that topic entirely.
When you can learn to converse in a logical way without profanity or
references to physical violence, I will respond.  In fact, I wish I never
responded in the first place.  You sought me out, not the reverse.  I will
not take this "offline" because I don't care to converse with this person.
This is the last the FML will hear from me on the entire subject, however,
I am currently looking into some additional concerns I have.
[The Killains?  I don't recall mention of the Killians.  BIG]

In addition, I would like to thank BIG for clarifying on the FML anonymity
rules.  Although I certainly don't agree, I am not the moderator.
Hopefully those of you who have sent me notes expressing similar concerns
will go the extra distance and email BIG about it.

I am not happy to be home EXCEPT to see my ferrets.  I missed them each
and every day.  Then, seeing the weather here and turning on the news to
see more devastation in New York, brought me back from "vacation land"
real quick.

My blessings go out to those who lost someone today.

Take care~