From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:54:01 -0700
Hello to all.  I am not ready to come out of lurking mode, but for the
sake of this ferret, I am.

I was in the Crossroads Petco over the weekend and noticed a four or five
month old ferret in the cage with one kit.  I asked the clerk what
happened and why an older ferret was still in the store.  He rolled his
eyes and told me it was a "return".  Apparently, the people bought him and
one month later decided to move to an apartment and just could not keep
him (hold me back, lol!)  I am not sure if Petco gave the money back or
just took the ferret in, but I bet someone could negotiate an arrangement.
He is very cute and looks to be a chocolate.  I did not handle him because
I was in a hurry.  I would take him in but the hubby says "no way".  Yes,
I begged but three is a reasonable number so he has a good point.  Not to
mention that Cleo does not get along with most other ferrets (she does get
along with my two others), but she is very much the head honcho.

If you live in Washington State, and "need" (smile) another ferret, call
the Crossroads Petco in Bellevue.

Also, I purchased a ton of old ferret books from 1/2 Price Books (my fave
store), and two of the books were owned by a Juliana Gearon of Olympia.
I thought "what a small world".  If you are out there, Juliana, email me.
Suffice it to say I cleaned out the store of ferret books.  All are very
outdated (some from early 80s) and it is interesting to see how far we
have come in care and research.  Still worth it though - five books for $12.

That is all for awhile.  Thanks.