From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:08:44 -0400
Hello again.

I promised to keep you posted about Sadie so here is the latest.  She had
blood tests done and had xrays taken.  She goes in with a suspected
blockage in her stomach and comes out with Lymphoma.  OUCH!!  Practically
everything in the blood tests was rock bottom low, plus her spleen was
slightly enlarged.  There was something in her stomach but it was not an
object - possibly a tumor.  Could a hairball on an xray look like a growth
in her stomach or would it look more distinctive?  For instance, if she
would have swallowed a button, it would show up as some kind of object with
a darker black color.  This was different.  It was the same color as the
rest of her organs but it was inside her stomach.  Is this a hairball, or
could it be flannel fibers (she is generally not a cloth eather, that I
know of)?  I know you can't say for sure unless you see the xrays but is
there any speculation out there?  Sadie may not have Lympho as the primary
illness but something else may be causing the Lympho symptoms plus the
enlarged spleen.  The mass in her stomach is leaving almost no room for
food and it is too large to be passed with petromalt, assuming it is a
hairball (we tried this already, in case).  She is definately not able to
have exploratory surgery done because of her low blood count, low protein
count, low.....etc.  She has almost always soft stools (not runny diahrea)
and periodically vomits (although she hasn't now for almost 3 weeks - tried
a few times, after her medicine but never really did it).  She is loosing
weight, does sleep more but is alert when awake.  She seems to eat and
drink normally.  Comments are welcome.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

A very worried mom,
Tryntje Miller.

PS I would also appreciate your prayers for Jasper who also has an enlarged
spleen and for several of our other seniors who are showing signs of old
age and are going to need lots of medical help soon.  It seems I can't even
list them here because the list is long and some things aren't diagnosed
yet.  Thanks.