From:
FERRETAILS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:12:09 EST
Hi All Ferret Lovers,
I would like to inform you that we need your help and tell you why I am so
upset tonight and ask for you help!!

There is going to be a Ferret Show here in Seattle on March 28, l998 at the
Seattle Center.  For the past two weeks, I have been taking Flyers to Petco
and PetSmart and the Ark here on the Eastside of Seattle.  Today, I was over
at a friends house that also has Ferret and is also a Breeder and is the
Vice President of LOS (Legion of Superferrets).We were talking and
discussing what all we had been doing to prepare for the show coming up.  A
lady that Sharon knows happened to stop in and we were talking about where I
had put flyers at.  This person said she had not seen any flyers at Petco.
Which I found very strange, because I had left 70 flyers two weeks ago and
had also posted a flyer on a board that shows cats for adoption.  So We ran
off around 100 more flyers and I decided to go give them more flyers, maybe
they really did give all of them out!  Anyway, off to Petco and Petsmart I
went.  I got to Petco and took the flyers to the cashier desk ask a salemen
about it and he acted like he'd never seem them, which I am sure he probably
never did!  Anyway, I went over to check their Marshall Farm Ferrets out as
I always do when I go into Petco.  The handsome black mit that is probably
at least a year old was still there.  All his buddies had found homes, there
had been two other ferrets with him when I was in there two weeks ago.  They
had just gotten three more tiny (looked like they were 5 weeks old!) in the
cage with him.  I ask the salesperson if I could hold them.  After all they
do need some love off and on, because they sure don't get it from the
employees they are to busy stocking food, ect!!  So the saleperson went over
and unlocked the cage.  I was playing with them and the manager just
happened to come to the cashier desk and she happened to look over and saw
me there.  Well she knows that I had complained a few times about how dirty
they keep the ferret, the water is always dirty, and they of course have
them in terrible cedar bedding!  Which I have told them about and also the
litter boxes are always terrible!  She told the Assistant Manager to go shut
the ferret cage!  He was very rude to me!  So when I went past the cashier
desk I noticed that they had taken the Ferret flyers and but them in the
trash can!  In the past I have taken tons of information from the internet
on ferrets to Petco to help their employees learn more about ferret, now I
have a feeling they probably threw all this information away too.  Because
none of the employees know anything about ferrets when you ask them
questions about them!  It sure is sad that pet stores sell animals and don't
really care enough about the animals that they teach the customers about
them before they sell the animal to the customer.  Then what happens the
customers buys this animal and discovers its not what they thought it was
going to be like and then the animals ends up in a shelter or left on some
road.

Honest, I just left the store, and of course to myself have now decided that
it will be the last time I ever go in that store!

Then I went on to Petsmart to check on that store, where I am sure I have
spent over $1,000 this year on pet supplies, dog,cat, and ferrets.  The
first thing I did was check to see if my flyer was still posted, not there.
I went to the manager office which is right behind the cashier desk and she
was in there.  I said I had brought her some more flyers for the ferret
show, and she informed me that she didn't know who said they would give them
out to customers or put them where customers could look at them, but it was
againest their policy to do this.  I was informed that Shows sell products
and they sell products so that is why they will not post them!

So then I went to a ferret meeting that is just beginning to get started
here on the Eastside of Seattle and I found out from Darcy an employee of
The Ark which is also a private Petstore, They have three stores here one
In Issaquah and one in Redmond and one in Woodinville.  Darcy had brought
all of them back to me and informed me that the owner would not let them
be posted for the same reason that they sell ferret supplies, and we sale
ferret products at the show.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about the Ferret Show please email
me.  [log in to unmask]