Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 07:13:15 -0500
Hi, I posted yesterday about my ferret Charles eating Poo and licking urine
from the carpets in his cage.  Now I've noted that Dash is doing the same
thing.  Not licking urine, but eating poo.  Today, [log in to unmask] posted
about her ferret licking its urine as well.  This has GOT to stop!  I'm
gonna toss my cookies soon!

Things to note:
1) New apartment within the last month
2) prior to moving, I was going to school over the summer and they were
   all jammed into one cage for 3 months while I finished up my degree to
   get a good job.  Thankfully they forgave me because....
3) They now eat the best food on the market (IMHO) Totally Ferret.  They
   switched from 8 and 1 about a month ago.
4) They have free range of their own bedroom so tight quarters are not an
   issue  (BTW, I'm looking into buying a 4 or 5 story cage for them for
   xmas).
5) There are now 3 litter pans to 6 ferrets in the cage and 2 outside the
   the cage in the bedroom.  I added the third litter pan to the cage
   because they have taken to sleeping in the new litter I bought, which
   is apparently a whole lot more comfy than baby snuggly hammocks.
6) The two who are eating their poo are brothers rescued from some fur farm
   in Iowa, I adopted them from a shelter on Long Island as a pair.

I am none to pleased with their new intimacy with their discharges.  Can
anyone tell me why this is?