From:
"erin ~*~*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:51:47 EDT
Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd do a bit of catching up.  First of all, Saucey is fine.
It was just a head cold, and basically cleared up the next day.  I wasn't
to quick to use anyone's suggestions (because I figured that this was the
case) but I did save them for if it ever happens again.  That way, I'll
know what kind of medicine to feed.  Thanks anyway though to everyone who
responded!  You were a great help!

Well I was thinking about my oldest male, Rocki, and about the fact that
he's supposedly a "miniature male." At least this is what I have been told
is most likely.  It still seems strange to me because he's almost five, and
is still the same size as a 3 month old kit.  He's had bloodwork done and
testing but both vets I've been to say he's perfectly healthy.  Now Rocki
was my first rescue, and I'm starting to wonder if there is another cause
for his tiny size.  You see, his owner was not very knowledgeable about
ferrets, and she fed him (what I consider to be) a low grade cat food.
Also, she had a bowl full of FRUIT LOOPS in his cage and tried to tell me
that it is OK to give him just as much sugary cereal each day as the food.
She said that normally she gave him LUCKY CHARMS and FRUIT LOOPS!  His
stools were runny, and he was just as small as he is today (got him at
about 2 years.) Of course, now he's on ferret food, and hardly ever gets
cereal, and only a piece or two as a treat.  I'm wondering though, could
his small size be due to lack of nutrition as a kit?  Please, respond!

Well, a friend of the family found a ferret the other day!  A sweet little
butterscotch girl, and she ran darting across his street at night, and
stopped under his car.  Of course, he brought her to us, and we lent him
out a cage, food, and other importnat stuff.  I feel sorry for the girl,
because she was terrified, and her pawpads were ripped to shreds.  Seems
that she'd been out all day.  Since it was so late, she stayed the night at
his house, and then we spent the day knocking on doors by a nearby trailer
park to find the owner.  Happy Ending!  We asked the manager who owned what
pets, and he said that a ferret was reported missing.  Never found out her
name, but you should have seen the look on her owner's face!  That look in
itself made the whole thing worthwhile.  Of course, the ferret got to sit
in the air conditioned car while us humans did all the hot, sweaty, door to
door work, but that's ok!  Does anyone know of a site that has plans for
ferret cages?  I know someone who asked for a reccomendation, but I'm too
lazy to build a cage, so frankly, I didn't know what to say!

One last thing- I updated my website.  There's now a message board, and
some more pages.  Feel free to swing by and visit it, even critique,
because I'm always open to opinions!

http://www.maxpages.com/ferretz

Love to all the sick and hurting ferrets out there.... well.... love to
ALL the weasels!!!  And Dooks too!

Erin and the Wired Weasels
Rocki, Snickers, Vir, Zeus, and Saucey
http://www.maxpages.com/ferretz