From:
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 09:09:38 -0400
Yesterday someone wrote FML asking about adrenal and tail hair loss.

I have a Marshal white dark eyed fert, Nibble-ed.  Usually those are deaf,
but not this one by any means.  She can hear a raisin drying at 240 yards
while in her bed behind closed doors, and totally asleep!  Has been
verified.

Nib has one heck of a sweet tooth.  If she smells a marshmallow, I pay hell
to keep her satisfied without having to give her a piece.  It got so she
would NOT let me out of the kitchen until she got her daily portion of
popsicle, those kind in a plastic tube.  Would give her about 1 1/2 inches
of it or less, but about that amount daily.  Got her daily raisin demands
met also.  Then I noticed the tail was loosing hair.  Hmmmmmmm.  I know
sweets are not good for a fert, so first off the demands for sweets were
not met anymore.  I lost a friend.  Ha!  But she is getting hair back on
her tail now.  Those sweets must have upset her metabolic system such that
she was getting into severe trouble because of my yielding.  Well, that
has changed, lessink learned.

I do like to give them raisins where it keeps them loose enough to pass
hair which prevents blockage.  Not sure this works, but have never had a
problem with blockage.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed,  Kodo and Podo.