From:
Al Wiebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:30:35 EDT
Before signing-on to this wonderful ferret-oriented website I had no idea
of just how many ferret owners (and ferrets, of course) there are!  I'm
pleased to be part of that constantly expanding group.  There is tremendous
camaradarie amongst the members as is evident daily in the communications.
And kudos to Mr. Gruber, who makes sure everything falls in to place on
time!

My question is this.  Periodically I have seen comments about ear markings
to identify the origin of a ferret.  I seem to recollect these markings
were dots.

Last evening, by chance, I happened to notice two approximately 1-2
millimeter-in- diameter dots on the right ear of one of my fuzzies.  They
seem too well placed to be part of any ear coloration.  They are dark in
color, perhaps a shade of blue?

Do these have any significance?  I would be interested to know.  Both of my
ferrets (one a very petite female sable that must weigh less than a pound,
and the other a large male, and the one with the ear markings) were
purchased from a private owner so I have no knowledge of their origin.

My condolences to those who have lost a fuzzie.  We become unbelievably
attached to them, don't we?