From:
Kevin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 08:25:28 +0100
Question for the vets on board, or anyone that might know

While over here, we are thinking ok getting a German ferret.  They are sold
whole here.  Some of the thoughts going through my mind are .....

1. Whole male ferrets stink (fact)
2. If the ferret is fixed there really is no need to descent. (fact with
   females, but I don't know about males)
3. If #2 was fact for males as well as females, then If we have him
   vacetomized(spelling is horrible) instead of fixed, will he still stink,
   or will he not.
4. We have had ferrets for about 4 years now, and have discovered that (yes,
   we love them) but that whole males make my eyes itch real bad, and nose
   stuff.  That is why the thoughts about vacetomy.  If I am gonna have to
   pay for the surgery then it might as well be one that will leave the
   ferret useful (I know that I am wording this all wrong).
5. If vactomized and not fixed, will a male ferret still have the more
   aggressive tendencies of a whole ferret?

Thanks in advance.

                Donna in Germany