From:
Gary Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 09:39:30 -0500
Have been lurking here for quite a while.  I presently live in SW Kansas, am
a programmer by profession, and have been owned by a fert for about 2 1/2
years.  I've responded individually to a number of inquiries, and thought
perhaps I might (should :>) add to this group discussion.

First, in response to someone who asked about checks personalized with the
likeness of a fert: my previous employer is a forms manufacturer
specializing in material for the financial industry, including *custom*
checks.  Presently they do not have color capability, but if you have line
art or photograph(s), they can composite, they will place that image on
personalized chacks for you, they do several hundred thousand each year.
They can be reached for information at:
                Kansas Bank Note Co.
                PO Box 360
                Fredonia Ks  66736

Secondly in regard to shampoo...(and perhaps I do not understand something)
when I first became a companion to to a ferret, about 30 months ago, I
purchased a bottle of PPP Ferret Shampoo.  This stuff not only smells pretty
good, like coconut oil, but it kills fleas on contact.  My primary
experience with this came as the result of my sheltering 3 MF ferrets that
had been sorely abused, not deliberately, but as the result of a death, and
the ability of this gentlemans elderly wife to adequately care for them.
They were recovered by the Independence Ks Police Department, and I became
temporary custodian, as the chief dispatcher, a good friend of mine, knows
how I feel about fuzzballs.  When I got them, they had, for about 30 days,
been kept in a porta-kennel, both food and water were inadequate, they were
covered with feces and urine, were drastically malnourished and literally
covered with fleas and eggs.  Anyway, bathing with the PPP killed the fleas
on contact.  I did spend the next 8 hours with tweezers and comb picking egg
sacs off of these poor little critters.  The good news is, that all three
have very good homes now, two have teenage children to play with, "Sweetie"
has the run of her new house, and "Gwenevere" has her own room, I was going
to keep the youngest for myself but he and my Buster didn't get along well,
so off she went to her new home.  I had custody for less than a week.
Hoping that other adoptees, find loving homes in as timely a manner.
Condolances to all that have lost or have ailing fuzzies.  Think of The
Rainbow Bridge.  Seems to make me feel better when I remember pets that I
have lost.

Sorry about so long a post, but felt I needed to share.

Buster: Rug Rocket Extrodinaire.. raisin H*** gimme a toe! Chomp!
& Gary:  *OUCH* Dammit!

[log in to unmask]                                       Gary B.Evans   SYOTR

In anything at all, perfection is finally attained, not when there is
nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.
St Exupery