From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:38:23 -0500
Steve and I will be adding some ferrets when Sevie passes away (an offer
was already received and accepted, with thanks).

That brought us to the realization that we simply don't know much about
who has extremely healthy or long lived lines because folks don't talk
about that too much.  We heard from one person who has a healthy line
(though we don't know up to what age that is because the breeding
individuals seem young and the lines new), and we have heard from someone
else with a line that has it's first individual now reaching 9 and that
is also a line that has been very healthy.

Could breeders with long lived lines and/or healthy lines, PLEASE, post
such info here on the FML, or in the genetics lists, or in a combination
of the three?  We have had multiple requests from others to share what we
learn.  It would be better if the breeders themselves wrote in and were
responsible for the data on their own lines.  Besides, it would be great
to have a healthy competition going for lines that are long lived and not
prone to medical problems.

Hey, Bill, you really do strongly deserve some time off.  Won't you take
(Another?  Was there one?) a day off, maybe two...?