From:
Jeanne Pomp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:05:37 EST
I've been meaning to post about this since last week, but I've been a
little under the weather...

I went to my local Petsmart to buy another bag of "Yesterday's News"; the
recycled paper litter, and saw that there was none.  Well, that's okay,
says I, I'll just grab a bag of something else.

Stayed away from the clay, the dusty stuff, the clumpy stuff.  Saw some
bead-type stuff, but I could picture Baby flinging it all over the house.
It just had that look to it, you know?  That fling-ability factor... So I
stayed away from that.

Then... I saw it.  Amidst the bags & jugs of clumping and nonclumping,
scented and unscented, dusty & dust-free... There was "Dr. Elesy's Precious
Pine" Litter.  No dust!  No perfumes!  No dyes!  It was compressed into
pellets just like Yesterday's News, and after reading every word on the
entire bag, I decided that this would be my purchase.  I chose this, over
all others, to take into my home.  I walked out of Petsmart that afternoon
with a 30lb bag of litter on my shoulder, my head held high that I made an
intelligent purchase.

The bag said that the pellets would swell "when moistened", same thing the
newspaper stuff did.

Okay.  Maybe it swells when moistened with kitty cat pee,I will give Doc
that much.  But if so, there is a huge chemical difference between kitty
cat pee and ferret pee, because when Doc Elesy's Precious Pine Litter
becomes moistened with ferret pee, it does not swell.  Nope.  It crumbles.
And I don't mean one pellet breaking in two, I mean every peed-on pellet
losing all it's pellet-like properties.  The result is sawdust.  Wait, let
me rephrase that, WET sawdust.

What a mess.  Just one night this stuff was in the litter box and ugh!  all
over the place!!!

So save yourselves!!  It looks like Yesterday's News, but that's where the
similarities end!  I should have tried my luck with the fling-able litter
beads!! :)

Dooks to all!
Jeanne & Baby the Wonderfuzz